The Global Network Initiative and the Telecommunications Industry Dialogue on Freedom of Expression and Privacy present 2014 learning forums on Transparency and Human Rights in the Digital Age in Mountain View, California and Geneva, Switzerland:
Hosted by LinkedIn
Mountain View, CA
Hosted by the Geneva Internet Platform
During these events, members of the ICT industry, human rights organizations, policy experts, investors, and governments will offer perspectives and invite reflections on the following questions:
- What do we mean by transparency? Why does transparency matter for protecting and respecting rights online?
- What is the state of transparency reporting by companies and governments, and what’s missing?
- How do companies communicate with users in response to live events?
- Ben Blink, Senior Policy Analyst, Free Expression and International Relations, Google
- Dan Bross, Senior Director of Corporate Citizenship, Microsoft
- Pablo Chavez, Vice President, Global Public Policy and Government Affairs, LinkedIn
- Steve Crown, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Microsoft
- Jeffrey Dygert, Executive Director of Public Policy, AT&T
- Annette Fergusson, Group Senior Sustainability Manager, Vodafone
- Bennett Freeman, Senior Vice President, Sustainability Research and Policy, Calvert Investments
- Arvind Ganesan, Director of Business and Human Rights, Human Rights Watch
- Patrik Hiselius, Senior Advisor, Digital Rights, TeliaSonera
- Jens-Henrik Jeppesen, Representative and Director for European Affairs, Center for Democracy & Technology
- Jovan Kurbalija, Director, Geneva Internet Platform
- Anna Lekvall, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden
- Rebecca MacKinnon, Director, Ranking Digital Rights Project, New America Foundation
- Deirdre Mulligan, Associate Professor, UC Berkeley School of Information
- Hemanshu Nigam, CEO, SSP Blue
- Jason Pielemeier, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor, U.S. Department of State
- Milka Pietikainen, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Millicom
- Pranesh Prakash, Policy Director, Centre for Internet & Society, Bangalore
- Sana Saleem, Director, Bolo Bhi
- Mark Stephens, Independent Chair, Global Network Initiative
- Cynthia Wong Senior Internet Researcher, Human Rights Watch
For more information about the Learning Forums, please contact David Sullivan at [email protected]. Please note that the events are by invitation only.