On May 5, 2009, the GNI participated in a panel entitled, “The GNI’s Multi-Stakeholder Approach” at the first annual Yahoo! Business & Human Rights Summit (PDF).
The summit was organized by Yahoo!’s Business & Human Rights Program, which brings together a team of professionals from across the company to integrate human rights decision-making into their business operations.
Moderated by GNI Facilitator Dunstan Hope of BSR, a number of GNI participants participated in the panel:
- Chuck Cosson, Senior Policy Counsel, Microsoft;
- Nicole Wong, Deputy General Counsel, Google;
- Leslie Harris, President and CEO, Center for Democracy & Technology;
- Dunstan Hope, Managing Director, ICT Practice, Advisory Services, Business for Social Responsibility;
- Colin Maclay, Managing Director, Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society;
- Rob Mahoney, Deputy Director, Committee to Protect Journalists
- Ebele Okobi-Harris, Director, Business & Human Rights Program, Yahoo!.
The event was later blogged by the Berkman Center's Colin Maclay, who wrote the first post for Yahoo’s! new Human Rights and Business website.